Hub Labels is looking for a Sales Representative in the Metro Washington, DC area. Get off the employment merry-go-round and light your career torch today. This is your opportunity to work for a privately-owned, progressive, label manufacturer with a legendary reputation in the region – Hub Labels!
Tired of bouncing from company to company with no support or help to guarantee your success? Do you continue to search for jobs after your first day with a new employer?
The major duties of this job involve connecting quickly with people in a poised, convincing, and enthusiastic way. This job will entail working at an extremely fast pace, and will require working cooperatively with and through team members in order to complete tasks. The job requires collaborative work within the organization, and will be integral in motivating and bringing out the best in others.
This job will require a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with Hub Labels team members and through key individuals in the process. Understanding people well and using that knowledge effectively in motivating others to act, will be an important aspect of the job.
It is important in this job for ambitious goals to be set and reached, and for tasks to be completed in a timely manner.
Decisions will many times have to be made under pressure, and will generally need the ideas and advice of others. Details will need to be handled quickly and accurately, but will not be a repetitive part of the job due to the custom nature of the label business.
A majority of the key tasks in this job entails selling to others. Some duties may include training or mentoring others in some capacity. This job will involve controlling all aspects of tasks in the sales process. From initiation, through the workflow and carried out to completion.
Role Title: Sales Representative
Reports to: Sales Manager
Other roles in collaboration:
• Senior Sales Representatives
• Customer Service Staff
• Production Staff
Hours: Normal office hours with additional requirements for travel and business needs.
Sell Hub Labels and offerings to prospects and customers according to the sales and go-to market strategy.
Within an assigned territory:
• Achieve growth through new business generation.
• Retain and grow revenue from existing business.
• Nurture partners and specialty products for additional revenue.
Help, on occasion, as a mentor for less experienced team members.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Base salary plus enhanced earnings. Competitive benefits package.
• Earnings are uncapped
• Accelerators on income after hitting 95% quota
• 3-month ramp to full productivity
• Full, proven, and tested onboarding program
• Frequent reward opportunities
• “Rain-Maker Club” achievement potential
• Medical/Dental insurance options
• Retirement benefit options
• Gainsharing program
• Mobile technology provisions (Laptop and cellphone)
• Robust in-house training
• Salesforce.com software toolset
You will be assigned a territory that has sufficient potential to make high earnings at Hub Labels.
• Territories are planned and updated using sophisticated data modeling
• Your territory will include enterprises, businesses of all sizes, and non-profits
• You will participate in quota attainment and commissions for key accounts in your territory
Existing relationships/business that you bring to Hub Labels will also earn you financial incentives.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR
Here is your reporting structure:
Sales Representative > Sales Manager > President
Your Sales Manager is trained and compensated to ensure you are successful as a Sales Representative. The Sales Manager has extensive training and a proven track record which covers areas such as:
• Coaching team members to high productivity
• Establishing high performance teams
• Managing to team, district, and regional goals
• Being a champion for Sales Representatives within Hub Labels’ internal departments
• Mastery of the Hub Labels Sales Process and methodology
• Modeling effective network building and customer sales calls
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB
Working at Hub Labels as a Sales Representative allows you to:
1-Create and develop innovative solutions to complex and difficult customer challenges
2-Gain fulfillment from helping customers improve their top and bottom lines
3-Learn new methods and use new tools that increase your personal competence and skill sets
4-Work closely with other service and sales professionals who demonstrate expertise, intelligence, integrity, and creativity
5-Work independently but enjoy consistent collaboration – leveraging emerging social/local/mobile approaches
6-Be in a position to rapidly enhance your financial situation while staging yourself for continued success
7-Expand your knowledge of various industries and markets
8-Challenge and stimulate your intellectual curiosity
9-Build your personal brand
10-Expand the breadth and depth of your professional network and your reputation within that network
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
– Learn and use the HUB Labels, buyer-aligned sales process
– Perpetuate a strategy to pull buying personas through the Hub Labels Sales Process
– Execute virtual and physical visits with defined buying personas
– Become a trusted advisor with customers by learning their businesses, challenges, and risks (SME of them)
– Propose and progress to close the appropriate solutions for customers
– Employ negotiation skills to maximize price and profitability
– Work to improve customer contact relationships and expand reach within customers to other buying centers (The goal here is to increase customer retention and the share of their spend with Hub Labels)
– Work within the assigned territory, resource and budget constraints – “Freedom within Framework”
– Maintain accurate sales reporting within the Hub Labels CRM (Includes Salesforce.com, Sales Success Dashboard, Outlook Calendar)
– Enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty by involving internal resources
– Act as a mentor for new Sales Professionals
– Share sales best practices and lessons learned via the approved forums (Monday Morning Mojo, Salesforce Chatter, others)
– Keep up with continuing education to improve your skills and move you towards your objectives
– Be an ambassador for Hub Labels by actively promoting the brand through periodic blogging and constant social network participation
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Although these are preferred qualifications, we are always looking for great people who may not currently be in the Sales profession. Other professionals that have become successful sales people at Hub Labels have come from customer service, event management, and other skilled professions outside of printing and sales.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• At least 3 years of documented, successful experience in a Sales Professional role
• Experience managing a sales territory
• Evidence of CRM and/or Metric use and adherence
• Social prospecting experience
• The desire and ability to progress through the Hub Labels sales career trajectory is a preferred characteristic
TOP 5 PREFERRED COMPETENCIES
Note that these are Hub Labels’ preferred competencies. We will entertain all applicants with experience that would require successful display of these and other similar competencies:
2. Time management skills
3. Objective setting
4. Communication skills (including the ability to listen)
5. Tireless work ethic
DESIRED PERFORMANCE LEADERSHIP SKILLS
• Collaborative: Work across boundaries with Internal and External customers
• Decisive: Make sound business decisions in a timely and effective way
• Inspirational: Motivate other team members to improve their performance through word and example
Hub Labels SALES PERFORMANCE CULTURE
Hub Labels has a culture that is best described as a meritocracy . However, we have expended great effort, from office layout, communication tools and meeting formats, to ensure a team-based environment. This means that those who prove performance for the company’s best will be tapped for promotions and increased earnings as long as they have shown a track record of “helping their fellow man/woman” to greater achievements.
“Show the LOVE, Share the LOVE, Be the VOICE”
HOW YOU WILL BE MEASURED (KPI’s) / METRICS USED
- New Business generation on production deadlines / New Business reports generated through CRM system and Sales Success Dashboard Metric
- Sales Budget / Financial results generated periodically through Finance Team / ERP system
- A Minimum number of Face to Face End User Contacts per week scheduled and completed on a minimum of sites / Activity report generated through Sales Success Dashboard Metric
- Work within defined sales process, sales strategy, resource & budget constraints / internal report and Sales Manager follow-up
THE HIRING PROCESS FOR YOU
Hub Labels has an intense hiring process that is unlike many other companies. If you decide to pursue a rewarding Sales role at “HUB”, here are the high-level hiring steps to expect:
- Application process (including a Career History Form that covers your past roles)
- Social network assessment (to gauge your sales competencies and capabilities NOT your affinities)
- Initial phone interview (to validate Career History and Application information and to determine your ambitions for this role)
- Personality characteristic assessment as it pertains to the role
- Complete reference checks (3)
- Two to three In-person rounds of interviews
- Live job tryout with “HUB” professionals (Scenario-based artifact production and presentation)
- Formal meeting with the President, Production Manager and Sales Manager (to gauge cultural fit)
Hub Labels is passionate about providing the ultimate customer and employee experience while positively impacting the community, environment and industry.
Hub Labels is committed to providing a world-class experience to our:
Customers – by offering innovative products and services.
Employees – by providing a safe and rewarding work environment.
Community – by supporting charitable and environmental programs.
Stakeholders – by generating value.
Value Statement – S.P.I.R.I.T.
The core values of Hub Labels are reflected in our approach to business.
Serve – ALWAYS putting people FIRST
People – Empower and develop our valued team members for mutual growth and success.
Integrity – Consistently leading by example though our actions – customer commitment, quality,
teamwork, respect for people, good citizenship, honesty and personal accountability.
Respect – Recognizing the value of every employee’s contributions, honoring our diversity and
working together as an effective team in which each person understands his or her importance
to the team.
Innovation – Delivering leading edge solutions and design to customers and stakeholders
through ongoing reinvestment, technology adoption, research and development.
Teamwork – One focus, one goal, one team
Code of Conduct Characteristics
– Have Respect for People
– Be Loyal
– Communicate Positively
– Act with Integrity
– Be a Positive Change Agent
– Show Dedication
– Be an Effective Team Player
– Be Honest
– Act with a Sense of Urgency
– Be Accountable
– Exercise Good Judgment
– Have Discipline
– Have a Willingness to Learn
– Be Open-Minded